Once in a lifetime....

Thanks to God that we have the opportunity to be able to experience living in another country. This blog is written to share our lives in Canberra with all our loved ones back in Singapore and overseas. UPDATE: We have relocated from Canberra to Melbourne at the beginning of 2009.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tert's Favourite Sausage Rolls


Terence & I usually try to find 'cheap' sausages at the supermarket. These sausages are fresh and they have short sell-by dates so when they are nearing the due dates, they will be about a dollar cheaper.

A week ago, Terence was just saying that he loved sausage rolls alot. After that I chanced upon a very easy recipe in Kitchen Capers (Thanks to Rachel) so when I went by the supermarket, I picked up a box that was going cheap. It was Spicy Pork with Fennel and some other spices which I have forgotten.

It was left in the fridge for a few days so I decided to make them into sausage rolls last Saturday. After baking about 12 pieces, 5 pieces were snapped up for supper and the rest were all gone by breakfast the next day. Terence said it was 1 of the best sausage rolls he had ever eaten...Muz be the flavoured sausage.

Let me share this easy peasy recipe with all of you...

Ingredients:
  • 6 Fresh, raw Sausages
  • 2 sheets of Puff Pastry
  • 1 Egg

Method:

  1. Thaw puff pastry and cut each sheet into 6 parts.
  2. Remove outer skin from a sausage and put about 1/2 of it on 1 part.
  3. Roll up pastry such that the pastry covers the sausaage meat.
  4. Put on greased tray; Brush top of pastry with egg.
  5. Repeat for the rest of sausage.
  6. Bake in preheated oven 190 degrees/170 degrees fan force for about 18-20 minutes.

* You can always email me if you have any queries. Let me know the outcome. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home