Once in a lifetime....

Thanks to God that we have the opportunity to be able to experience living in another country. This blog is written to share our lives in Canberra with all our loved ones back in Singapore and overseas. UPDATE: We have relocated from Canberra to Melbourne at the beginning of 2009.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

False Alarm

On Monday, I went for my antenatal checkup and the doctor said I was 1cm dilated. She planned for me to be induced next Monday, 2nd June 2008.

Last night, I woke up at 3am and started having mild contractions. I timed myself for half an hour and they were coming regularly at 5-7 minutes. I was a little panicky and woke both Terence & my mum up. We started to pack the remaining things into the hospital bag and called the hospital. The midwife told me to monitor for an hour more and see if the contractions would be more intense. It didn't and the interval became longer instead. So while waiting, I fell asleep. After waking up, the contractions were almost gone and came irregularly. I thought the bubs were going to arrive today but they didn't. I wonder if they will come within the next few days....

As of now, I'm already in the middle of the 36th week. I'm literally waddling about and cannot walk properly without feeling any pain in the pelvis area. It can be quite unbearable but I guess I have to tahan for at most a week more. Sleeping is a chore too cuz' I have to go to wee every 2-3 hours and getting up and down from the bed is so painful too...
Having twins is indeed a special but yet painful experience!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home