Once in a lifetime....

Thanks to God that we have the opportunity to be able to experience living in another country. This blog is written to share our lives in Canberra with all our loved ones back in Singapore and overseas. UPDATE: We have relocated from Canberra to Melbourne at the beginning of 2009.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 more weeks to go....

I just had a scan yesterday and the bubs are doing very well...The 1st twin is weighing in at 1.4 kg and the 2nd twin is weighing in at almost 1.3kg... That equates almost to Timmy's birth weight of 2.8kg in total...so can u imagine how big and heavy I am now... I also feel so clumsy especially in bed (not doing what you are thinking!!!) but more of turning about on my sides when I sleep...

I'm now into the 30th week of pregnancy and we really thank God for bringing us through the 26-30th week without going into labour...Now that we are going into the 30th week, the doc says we can start to relax cuz' if the bubs are born, their chance of survival is the same as if they were born at the 36th week..but we still hope they will stay in as long as possible.

Doc gave me at most 6 more weeks to go until the 36th week and the bubs have to be born by then, and that is if I don't go into labour during this 6 weeks.
Its happening so fast and I don't seem to be ready for it...I have yet to finish packing my hospital bag and all the bb's stuff are still in the cupboards...I know I should be ready cuz they can come anytime but ...just procrastinating...dunno why...

I have been having dreams of my water bag bursting and been thinking how we should react if that happens...I'm actually quite scared cuz' I have not experienced that before and i have no idea what labour pains are like...it's almost like going to give birth for the 1st time, any tips on coping?...:P [For those who don't know, I was induced the 1st time.]

I heard that managing twins is going to be very tough so please pray for us that we all can cope and also that Timmy will be a cooperative, especially during the 1st few weeks. Hope that Timmy will accept the bbs with open arms and love them and not be too jealous that the attention that has always been on him has been diverted.
Please pray also for me to be able to breastfeed both the bbs...if not the cost of formula is going to be really high as is the cost of diapers, which we don't really have a choice.

Alrightey, will update when i have the chance again...Thanks for your prayers in advance! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Nilmandra said…

    Really glad to hear that things are going well with you and the twins. Will definitely be keeping you all in prayer.

    Oh, and Tim really looks like Terence in his 'tiger face' photos!

    Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home