My CNY Bakes...
We did not have the chance to go back to Singapore to celebrate CNY this year and that meant we missed all the New Yr goodies too.
As Tert was craving for pineapple tarts, I decided to give it a try at making it.
There isn't any celebration here in Canberra unlike Sydney, Melbourne or Perth as the number of Chinese here is not big. So we just made do with our own reunion dinners wih friends.
And to add, I actually started my 1st day of Uni on the 2nd Day of CNY when all of you were enjoying a holiday.
Also, till date, Tim has not celebrated a single CNY in Singapore since he was born...(Poor boy, he missed out all the ang paos...but good for us! hehe...)

It was really not easy to make pineapple tarts as the pineapple jam required alot of time to cook. In all, I took 2 days to complete 1 batch of the tarts (65 tarts) and all were gone in 2-3 days. Thank goodness it was yummy!As Tert was craving for pineapple tarts, I decided to give it a try at making it.
There isn't any celebration here in Canberra unlike Sydney, Melbourne or Perth as the number of Chinese here is not big. So we just made do with our own reunion dinners wih friends.
And to add, I actually started my 1st day of Uni on the 2nd Day of CNY when all of you were enjoying a holiday.
Also, till date, Tim has not celebrated a single CNY in Singapore since he was born...(Poor boy, he missed out all the ang paos...but good for us! hehe...)

To add on to the CNY cookies, I tried making Melting Moments. This is a very easy and yummy cookie...I made lots of it...2-3 bottles worth in total...(100+ pcs) it also finished very quickly...
So far, of all the cookies I made, Tim enjoyed this very much (as well as the Pineapple Tarts) he doesnt really like the other type of cookies I make. I think he likes buttery cookies...




1 Comments:
At 7:25 PM,
Anonymous said…
Yummy...yum..wish I could taste of of them. Missing you guys - Aunty Jenny (Singapore)
Post a Comment
<< Home