Once in a lifetime....

Thanks to God that we have the opportunity to be able to experience living in another country. This blog is written to share our lives in Canberra with all our loved ones back in Singapore and overseas. UPDATE: We have relocated from Canberra to Melbourne at the beginning of 2009.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lil' bakes of mine...

As I said in the previous post, I will post pictures of my bakes...well, they are not that fantastic in terms of looks, but tastewise, still acceptable. You have to ask Terence for comments...:P

Terence, Timothy and myself love to eat Jiao Zi alot...we have always been buying the frozen ones and because they are rather salty, Tim cannot eat too much of them to make a meal. So I have been procrastinating to make my own skins from scratch till 1 day, my friend said there's premade skins.

So off we went to get the skins and made my own fillings. That day, Tim had 5 jiao zi for dinner. He enjoyed it alot. After that, I actually tried (once only) to make my own skins with flour and water...the result was good too...but it's alot of work..so we will just stick to the premade skins...

Since then, the frozen ones didnt taste nice anymore....

This is a Radish Kueh. It's like the carrot cake that is served as Dim Sum. It is steamed and has dried shrimps, chinese sausage and chai poh inside. This kueh was really tedious to do. Took me half a day to complete it. However, the effort was worth it as it tasted good.

CNY is coming but we don't get to celebrate it, lest to be able to eat any CNY cookies. So I decided to bake some simpler cookies. I want to bake pineapple tarts too cuz Terence loves them. Just on Monday, I only made the pineapple jam from scratch. Had to spilt up the work as making the jam was really tedious too. I had to cut the pineapples, grate them , squeeze out the juice and cook it till dry and sticky. Sounds easy right? I thought so too...till I did the actual process...Not that simple!



This is Sugi Cookie. This is a very easy bake and it has the melt-in-your-mouth texture.




This is Pumpkin Kueh. Similiar to the Radish Kueh, just that the recipe replaces radish with pumpkin. This kueh was much easier to make then the Radish Kueh and I did everything while Tim was taking his nap. The texture of this kueh was much nicer too...probably because I added cornflour this time.



This is another type of CNY cookie, that is Peanut Cookie. This is also quite similar to the Sugi Cookie in terms of texture. It is crumbly and melts in your mouth too.


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Mad Goddess said…

    Ya amazing babe! Wish I could do the same in Sydney but I'm juz not a good cook & I'm not willing to try lah. :)

    Take care & yes, I'm disappointed when I dont see u posting any entries. Hehe. Good luck with school too. :)

    Keep in touch! xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home